In the 1990s there was a big push to target the 10/40 Window for prayer and missions. For those who may not know, the 10/40 Window is the geographical band around the world located between 10 and 40 degrees north of the equator that is where the majority of the world’s people unreached by the gospel live.
This geographical window, including regions like South Asia and the Middle East, has always been a core focus of missions efforts, but recently another window of great mission significance has been identified – the 4/14 Window.
The 4/14 Window represents children between the ages of 4 and 14. Worldwide, there are 1.2 billion of these children needing to hear about Jesus and how much He cares for them.
You may be wondering why is it so important to share the gospel message with children between the ages of 4 and 14. Besides the fact that God loves them, studies by well-known researcher George Barna have revealed these interesting facts:
- 85 percent of Christians in America who accept Christ do so before the age of 15.
- Most of a person’s moral beliefs are formed by age 9.
- People’s life-long spiritual identity is typically in place by age 13.
As a result of these findings, Barna concludes:
“The implication of these findings is clear. Anyone who wishes to have significant influence on the development of a person’s moral and spiritual foundations had better exert that influence while the person is still open-minded and impressionable — in other words, while the person is still young.
Tragically, Satan also understands the importance of the 4/14 Window. That’s why he unleashes some of his most vicious attacks against children within this age span in the form of poverty, war, hunger, disease, neglect and abuse. He will do anything to ruin children’s lives and their potential for spiritual transformation in Christ.
As a dedicated champion of children, you are invited to participate in this important effort to focus the Church’s attention on those children in the 4/14 Window through fervent, targeted intercessory prayer.
- The Challenge is this: To craft a plan that addresses the strategic importance of reaching and raising up a new generation of Christ followers. This is a generation that, by experiencing a personal transformation through Jesus, can be mobilized as agents for transformation throughout the world.
- The Solution, roll back the clouds of darkness over the 4/14 Window through intercessory prayer in the families, local churches, schools, community and nation. As we come together in prayer, we come in alignment with the Spirit and one another. This makes way for missionaries on the ground to take the light of the gospel into these areas unabated.
- The Benefit, a transformed child for Christ, a transformed world!
Will you join us by praying for these children?